Aldeer.com

Quick question

Posted By: 256deerslayer

Quick question - 10/10/17 09:11 AM

I've gotten this buck on camera back in late August to early September. Will his route change before October 15? I guess what I'm asking is will bucks routes change over couple months time??
Posted By: bowtarist

Re: Quick question - 10/10/17 09:18 AM

Going from a summer pattern to a fall pattern, yes it will.
Posted By: perchjerker

Re: Quick question - 10/10/17 10:37 AM

Food sources and pressure can cause a buck to change. If he is using an acorn tree regular, you better be in or near it as soon as the season opens. Hunt Safe
Posted By: ozarktroutbum

Re: Quick question - 10/10/17 06:04 PM

Definitely can change. Oak trees won't start dropping til October, generally. Usually they start shifting their patterns around this time from what I have observed throughout the years.
Posted By: Atoler

Re: Quick question - 10/10/17 07:55 PM

Their patterns are changing now. Some will remain similar for the first little bit of bow season.
Posted By: Mbrock

Re: Quick question - 10/10/17 09:21 PM

Bucks start going all the place right now. This is the second most unpredictable time in their movements behind the rut. They're changing food sources and beginning to push each other around. They move a lot.
Posted By: hauntedbywaters

Re: Quick question - 10/11/17 09:05 AM

We had the same thing on a big 8 last year. Same place, same time, every day, starting in September. October 18 was the last time we saw him until he showed back up in April this year. As of two weeks ago, he's back on the same schedule. Hoping we get to put him down Saturday evening!
© 2024 ALDEER.COM