Aldeer.com

Filming with GoPro

Posted By: Archery_Fanatic

Filming with GoPro - 09/08/17 07:48 PM

I have two GoPro cameras. I want to use them during bow season this year. Does anyone have suggestions on how to incorporate them? I know distance is limited with go pros but thought I could get some cool footage. Thanks
Posted By: SuperSpike

Re: Filming with GoPro - 09/08/17 08:27 PM

If you have the gopro ap on your phone you may could position the camera in a location closer to where the shot could possibly take place. The camera could be turned on/off through the ap. Sounds like a long shot to be able to activate it without being seen but maybe in some cases you would have a heads up that a deer was coming and activate it then.
Posted By: 87dixieboy

Re: Filming with GoPro - 09/08/17 08:58 PM

Put one GoPro on your corn pile the other on your hat thumbup
Posted By: Hunting-231

Re: Filming with GoPro - 09/09/17 07:48 AM

Several years ago - I bought a stabilizer that had a camera mount. It won't get you closer, but it works very well.
Posted By: muzziehead

Re: Filming with GoPro - 09/09/17 11:23 PM

I have mine mounted on my bow. I have gotten some pretty good footage but anything over 20 yards is pretty hard to make out. I clamp mine on my bow just below my sight. Use the "One Button" feature. Wrapped in the camo that gopro offers and put an extra piece of black duct tape of the indicator light.
Posted By: deadeye48

Re: Filming with GoPro - 09/10/17 07:10 AM

I tried the GoPro on my hog hunts and it just doesn't have the zoom to get a good vid past 20 yds. I bought the Tactacam 4.0 and it has a 5x zoom and will give great vids out to 100yds
© 2024 ALDEER.COM