Aldeer.com

Most outlaw thing “a buddy of mine" ever did…….

Posted By: CNC

Most outlaw thing “a buddy of mine" ever did……. - 08/10/17 10:14 AM

popcorn
Posted By: dreadpiratebob

Re: Most outlaw thing “a buddy of mine" ever did……. - 08/10/17 10:45 AM

hunting wise or?

Re: Most outlaw thing “a buddy of mine" ever did……. - 08/10/17 10:53 AM

Originally Posted By: dreadpiratebob
hunting wise or?

Yeah, let's keep it hunting related......
Posted By: jlbuc10

Re: Most outlaw thing “a buddy of mine" ever did……. - 08/10/17 10:56 AM

I've got some outlaw buddies that have done very thing from spotlighting deer in suburban neighborhoods, catching and keeping gators as pets, baiting ducks on Arkansas WMA's, poaching on Disneyworld land......
Posted By: centralala

Re: Most outlaw thing “a buddy of mine" ever did……. - 08/10/17 10:56 AM

One turkey season called up and killed the neighbors pet turkey. All I knew at the time was this was the gobblingest turkey I ever heard.
Posted By: jono23

Re: Most outlaw thing “a buddy of mine" ever did……. - 08/10/17 11:03 AM

Originally Posted By: jlbuc10
poaching on Disneyworld land......

There are some nice animals out there. In the 2 years I worked there, I saw more deer and hogs then anywhere else. We used to take a back way to Magic Kingdom through some orange groves, and my friend totaled his car hitting a HUGE pig.
Posted By: BradB

Re: Most outlaw thing “a buddy of mine" ever did……. - 08/10/17 11:04 AM

jlbuc10, I knew one of those Disney running outlaws too.Used to think Florida only had little deer until I met a guy I offshore fished with for a while.We were rigging baits for a tournament at his home one evening and shared that opinion with him. He got a little smile on his face and took me up to the attic space above his three car detached garage and showed me a pile of deer antlers which pretty much filled the darn thing. Turns out back in the day he would get dropped off at Disney and similar areas around here for 2-3 days at a time and literally live in the woods sleeping in the day and night hunting all night.Stil had his light rig which was very cool.

Re: Most outlaw thing “a buddy of mine" ever did……. - 08/10/17 11:14 AM

An acquaintance (not me) flat out hunts over corn, he'll run his ATV up to a spot 30-40 yards from a stand and put out 100-150 lbs of corn 4-5 days before a hunt. 4 or 5 times a year. He's had some shooter bucks he's taken that way. Doesn't seem to care that it's illegal.
I've seen pictures he's taken from the stand of 6-7 does around the line of corn.

I hunted over a red mineral block that was covered in peanut butter once. Watching a raccoon lick the whole thing clean of peanut butter in 10 minutes was the lesson I needed.
Posted By: Wade

Re: Most outlaw thing “a buddy of mine" ever did……. - 08/10/17 11:20 AM

Spotlighting for deer out of the back of a game warden's truck!.......It would have been a lot bolder had we not been working on a fetal aging study.

Re: Most outlaw thing “a buddy of mine" ever did……. - 08/10/17 11:21 AM

An acquaintance (not me) flat out hunts over corn......

Damn!....Sounds like your hanging around a pretty rough crowd man……. grin
Posted By: extreme heights hunter

Re: Most outlaw thing “a buddy of mine" ever did……. - 08/10/17 11:23 AM

forgot to wear my orange hat once. sure hope the statue of limitations has run out by now
Posted By: Turkey_neck

Re: Most outlaw thing “a buddy of mine" ever did……. - 08/10/17 11:35 AM

Chained the gate and pad locked it to the fence that surounded the game wardens house and shot a 4 pt in the field beside his house at night.
Posted By: jrs89

Re: Most outlaw thing “a buddy of mine" ever did……. - 08/10/17 11:37 AM

An acquaintance (not me) flat out hunts over corn, he'll run his ATV up to a spot 30-40 yards from a stand and put out 100-150 lbs of corn 4-5 days before a hunt. 4 or 5 times a year. He's had some shooter bucks he's taken that way. Doesn't seem to care that it's illegal.
I've seen pictures he's taken from the stand of 6-7 does around the line of corn.

I hunted over a red mineral block that was covered in peanut butter once. Watching a raccoon lick the whole thing clean of peanut butter in 10 minutes was the lesson I needed.

Ruthless!
Posted By: Remington270

Re: Most outlaw thing “a buddy of mine" ever did……. - 08/10/17 11:46 AM

Originally Posted By: CNC
An acquaintance (not me) flat out hunts over corn......

Damn!....Sounds like your hanging around a pretty rough crowd man……. grin

Sounds like an outlaw, doing things that are 100% legal in many states.
Posted By: timbercruiser

Re: Most outlaw thing “a buddy of mine" ever did……. - 08/10/17 11:50 AM

Two different groups come to mind, both duck hunting related. One bunch use to take a pop corn popper and fill up garbage bags with popped popcorn and pour it on the water of their favorite duck hunting ponds. Another bunch would make a couple of plywood sheet rafts with short sides on it. They would pour a couple of bags of corn on the raft and just before they got ready to shoot it they would clean the raft of corn and put a couple of yellow rain coats on it to fool the ducks.
Posted By: Coosa1

Re: Most outlaw thing “a buddy of mine" ever did……. - 08/10/17 11:50 AM

Originally Posted By: Wade
Spotlighting for deer out of the back of a game warden's truck!.......It would have been a lot bolder had we not been working on a fetal aging study.

I've done that too. Made all my buddies jealous. GW wouldn't let me bring a 6 pack to make the dream complete rofl
Posted By: deadeye48

Re: Most outlaw thing “a buddy of mine" ever did……. - 08/10/17 11:51 AM

Knew a guy (dead now) that shot Robo deer and went back the next night and shot him again.

Re: Most outlaw thing “a buddy of mine" ever did……. - 08/10/17 12:09 PM

Originally Posted By: jrs89

Ruthless!

Yeah, that red block was pretty much a game changer...
Posted By: ford150man

Re: Most outlaw thing “a buddy of mine" ever did……. - 08/10/17 12:34 PM

I "knew a guy" WAYYYY back in the day that MAY have taken a shot or two at a few does, with a pistol, from his car, on a road, at night...inside a state park. whistle
Posted By: ColeT

Re: Most outlaw thing “a buddy of mine" ever did……. - 08/10/17 12:44 PM

About 15 years ago one of my dads old friends shot a robo deer out of the game wardens yard
Posted By: Ruger7mag

Re: Most outlaw thing “a buddy of mine" ever did……. - 08/10/17 12:49 PM

I definitely run with some outlaws, most have calmed down some since they got older. I guess the most expensive mistake they made was getting caught shooting 100+ over the limit during early wood duck season. Most everyone had to pay a couple thousand dollars and lost licenses for four years. That case made the news in multiple states.
Posted By: n2deer

Re: Most outlaw thing “a buddy of mine" ever did……. - 08/10/17 01:16 PM

I don't hang around outlaws. Might make me look bad.
Posted By: Lonster

Re: Most outlaw thing “a buddy of mine" ever did……. - 08/10/17 01:46 PM

One acquaintance poached a buffalo.

One killed an 8 point with his bow in IL, in a park in a No Hunting "Safe" zone.

That's the two "most outlaw" things I can think of.
Posted By: dBmV

Re: Most outlaw thing “a buddy of mine" ever did……. - 08/10/17 01:51 PM

I got nothing. I run with a pretty tame crowd.
Posted By: bmc77

Re: Most outlaw thing “a buddy of mine" ever did……. - 08/10/17 02:02 PM

I know fella in Coosa county that shot the "dummy" deer on 2 seperate occasions in a 3 year span...lol.

I know another feller who would rig up 2 double barrel 12 ga's down a pile of corn and when a drove of turkeys came in..boom.He passed away back in 1999.
Posted By: Fullthrottle

Re: Most outlaw thing “a buddy of mine" ever did……. - 08/10/17 02:33 PM

Went to school with two ol boys that shot several deer in the state park one night with their bow. Would have got away with it if they wouldn't have went back too look for a buck they couldn't find
Posted By: Gotcha1

Re: Most outlaw thing “a buddy of mine" ever did……. - 08/10/17 03:36 PM

Originally Posted By: jlbuc10
I've got some outlaw buddies that have done very thing from spotlighting deer in suburban neighborhoods, catching and keeping gators as pets, baiting ducks on Arkansas WMA's, poaching on Disneyworld land......

Luke? grin
Posted By: mcninja

Re: Most outlaw thing “a buddy of mine" ever did……. - 08/10/17 03:46 PM

Used to fish a local country club's ponds pretty regular, and get run off pretty regular, but many that was some fine bass fishing!
Posted By: Geno

Re: Most outlaw thing “a buddy of mine" ever did……. - 08/10/17 03:52 PM

Made a couple of casts into a golf course pond on the way out of the river. It's right next to the parking lot.
Posted By: abolt300

Re: Most outlaw thing “a buddy of mine" ever did……. - 08/10/17 04:09 PM

Launched a 19 ft stratos bass boat off the side of a road one night into a 10 acre private neighborhood lake. Place we launched spot was so steep that it wouldnt winch back onto the trailer. Well coordinated effort between truck driver and boat driver. Fired the 175 hp up at 1:30 in the morning surrounded by 400-500K homes and drove it onto the trailer pulled it out and left all in one smooth motion. Some fine bass in that little spot.
Posted By: tenthlegionnaire

Re: Most outlaw thing “a buddy of mine" ever did……. - 08/10/17 04:41 PM

A local game warden informed a couple of city police, "that were buddies of mine", where he would be setting up a robo deer. half the PD rode down and massacred the deer (Fully automatic rifle was involved). The police officers got a pretty good scolding from both ends of the enforcement heads but I hear the wardens reaction was priceless that night.
Posted By: Frankie

Re: Most outlaw thing “a buddy of mine" ever did……. - 08/10/17 04:41 PM

ever body i hunted with over the years pretty much went by the law .

had a couple guys get pop for crossing a RR when they were walking out . guns were loaded .

one young guy got a ticket for killing a shot up doe out of doe season .

now i know some outlaws but i dont hunt with them
Posted By: hunting13

Re: Most outlaw thing “a buddy of mine" ever did……. - 08/10/17 06:25 PM

Saw a deer killed where the womens softball field is now on AU campus, took it back and cleaned it on front porch.

Have also seen commercial catfish ponds get fished with a throw net at 2am
Posted By: !shiloh!

Re: Most outlaw thing “a buddy of mine" ever did……. - 08/10/17 06:37 PM

There was a guy that was poaching some property down the road from me. He got caught by the game wardens 4 times in one season on the same property. Freaking loser idiot. From what I was told he was just shooting deer and leaving left them laying.
Posted By: AC870

Re: Most outlaw thing “a buddy of mine" ever did……. - 08/10/17 07:26 PM

Buddy of mine was bad to duck hunt. Eat up with it.
He watched 2 mallards on a city pond most of the fall.
He rolled up one morning and whacked em both with one shot.
He only beat one of his crew to it by about 10 minutes.
An elderly gentleman who lived nearby heard the shot, saw the dead ducks on back of my buddy's truck but couldn't do anything about it since he didn't see it.
He let him know he knew though. But my buddy was a bastard and he didn't feel bad.
I don't hunt with him no more.
Another buddy of mine is straight as an arrow. Wouldn't break a game law for anything. Unless a dern turkey is involved.
He's a deacon and one of the finest humans I've ever known but roads, property lines, dates on calendar, none of that matters when it comes to turkeys.
Posted By: 243Win

Re: Most outlaw thing “a buddy of mine" ever did……. - 08/10/17 07:40 PM

years ago i got caught catching hogs on a wma when it was a closed season. just community service was all i recieved but i learned my lesson. this was in fl and its over run bad with hogs now and probably wouldnt get in trouble if i did it today but this was years ago when i was stuip...er
Posted By: Slim1026

Re: Most outlaw thing “a buddy of mine" ever did……. - 08/10/17 07:51 PM

Know a guy that shot 2 gobblers with a rifle last year...
Posted By: MC21

Re: Most outlaw thing “a buddy of mine" ever did……. - 08/10/17 07:56 PM

Originally Posted By: Slim1026

LOL i just remembered one of my friends shot a hen with a rifle from his truck on a county with a rifle a while back took it back to camp cleaned it and made turkey chili for everyone
Posted By: jrs89

Re: Most outlaw thing “a buddy of mine" ever did……. - 08/10/17 08:20 PM

To bad Timber ain't around anymore..... lol
Posted By: jbatey1

Re: Most outlaw thing “a buddy of mine" ever did……. - 08/10/17 08:51 PM

It wasn't rare about 10-12 years ago to see or hear of a group of guys running and gunning coots from a boat. Story is that one group shot so many coots one day that they filled the boat up.

There is also Many a tales of many ducks that got shot from truck windows while driving down Langston road.

Seems like we all know a guy that has spotlighted or road hunted deer, too.

Any given day during deer season there is probably someone sneaking onto Bellefonte Nuclear Property to chase big deer.

Dad's told me stories about guys he knew from his younger days that would make most retired game wardens want to unretire and put the active wardens into cardiac arrest. I'll keep those to myself for now. laugh
Posted By: top cat

Re: Most outlaw thing “a buddy of mine" ever did……. - 08/10/17 08:54 PM

Signed up on Aldeer.................
Posted By: extreme heights hunter

Re: Most outlaw thing “a buddy of mine" ever did……. - 08/10/17 08:57 PM

Originally Posted By: mandeerpig
There was a guy that was poaching some property down the road from me. He got caught by the game wardens 4 times in one season on the same property. Freaking loser idiot. From what I was told he was just shooting deer and leaving left them laying.

He needs his ass beat
Posted By: MattIce

Re: Most outlaw thing “a buddy of mine" ever did……. - 08/10/17 08:59 PM

Originally Posted By: mandeerpig
shooting deer and leaving left them laying.

Know a farmer that does this, year round.
Posted By: AC870

Re: Most outlaw thing “a buddy of mine" ever did……. - 08/10/17 09:22 PM

Running n gunning coots!
I knew a couple guys flew up in a wad of them, emptied a couple 3-1/2 12-gauges and a 10-gauge single shot into them and just drove off and left a bunch of em flopping.
Then they eased the truck and boat trailer off the shoulder of the causeway on the way home and left even more of em flopping on the side of the road from being run over.
I think the same bastard who shot the city pond mallards was involved.
Posted By: woodduck

Re: Most outlaw thing “a buddy of mine" ever did……. - 08/10/17 09:32 PM

Someone shot a big gobbler in downtown Livingston one time. When police came flying in they were told they were just sighting the gun in on a crow.
Posted By: eskimo270

Re: Most outlaw thing “a buddy of mine" ever did……. - 08/10/17 09:36 PM

I was raised to believe game laws were made to be broken. I remember at 12 riding in the back of a pickup and shooting doves off the power lines so I spent many years after that with outlaws. Man the stories I could tell. Thank the Lord that He has shown me the error of my ways and it's the straight and narrow for me.
Posted By: turkey247

Re: Most outlaw thing “a buddy of mine" ever did……. - 08/10/17 09:43 PM

I would have to be restrained.
Posted By: Haybale

Re: Most outlaw thing “a buddy of mine" ever did……. - 08/10/17 10:11 PM

Originally Posted By: AC870

Another buddy of mine is straight as an arrow. Wouldn't break a game law for anything. Unless a dern turkey is involved.
He's a deacon and one of the finest humans I've ever known but roads, property lines, dates on calendar, none of that matters when it comes to turkeys.
sounds like a regular ole turkey killer to me. laugh
Posted By: Bamaturkeykilla

Re: Most outlaw thing “a buddy of mine" ever did……. - 08/10/17 10:19 PM

Originally Posted By: Haybale
Originally Posted By: AC870

sounds like a regular ole turkey killer to me. laugh

I've got some stories that are better left untold. But turkey hunting will make you steal from the offering plate in church. Per say.
Posted By: Tigger85

Re: Most outlaw thing “a buddy of mine" ever did……. - 08/10/17 11:10 PM

I knew a guy who hunted Oak Mountain State Park regularly. I asked him one time what was the hardest deer you killed there. He said he killed one on the putting green and had to wait till these guys left and then it walked out. He didn't work so he had time to hunt. Game wardens chased him often but never caught him.
Had an idiot of a cousin get busted for shooting at ducks on the Tenn River causeway.
Posted By: leroycnbucks

Re: Most outlaw thing “a buddy of mine" ever did……. - 08/11/17 06:32 AM

I got a buddy of mine that doesn't carry a pen or a harvest record with him. Been known to move a deer before calling game check as well. Damn outlaw.
Posted By: snakebit

Re: Most outlaw thing “a buddy of mine" ever did……. - 08/11/17 07:26 AM

Originally Posted By: leroycnbucks
I got a buddy of mine that doesn't carry a pen or a harvest record with him. Been known to move a deer before calling game check as well. Damn outlaw.

Gee Whizz. He's gonna regret that for sure.

Re: Most outlaw thing “a buddy of mine" ever did……. - 08/11/17 08:12 AM

Originally Posted By: Bamaturkeykilla
I've got some stories that are better left untold.

I hear that. I've thought about a couple stories and then I'm like, ehhhhh....no.... grin
Posted By: Bud Meadows

Re: Most outlaw thing “a buddy of mine" ever did……. - 08/11/17 08:59 AM

When I was 9 or 10 living in rural Massachusetts, there was a Sportsman's Club with a stocked pond about 2 miles from my house. One of my buddies and I rode our bikes to the pond about an hour before sunup and caught about a dozen nice trout. Just when the sun came up and we were leaving with our stringers of trout, the caretaker caught us and confiscated the fish. We gave him fake names and rode our bikes away. The next day, a picture of all the fish appeared in the Sports section of our local paper, reported as caught by two local boys. My dad saw the picture and smilingly said ...."boy those two boys sure could catch fish." I'm sure he knew it was me.
Posted By: auburn17

Re: Most outlaw thing “a buddy of mine" ever did……. - 08/11/17 09:35 AM

I grew up in Pace, Fl. Our local water system had a nature reserve that had some dang fine fishing and some stud bucks. You could fish on certain days but hunting was off limits to everybody.

Some buddies acquired a key to the gate and used the back entrance. All on 4 wheelers and shotguns off they went in the back gate, which could only be accessed down a muddy power line through Escambia River WMA (not atv's allowed). They surrounded a block of thick planted pines and started doing a man drive. about 10 minutes into it they heard trucks coming. It was 2 employees of the water company. Thankfully my buddies left the back gate open so high tailed it out on four-wheelers and got thru the first mud hole. The first truck behind them got stuck so they were able to get away.

Young and dumb, but "they" never went back.
Posted By: tsmith

Re: Most outlaw thing “a buddy of mine" ever did……. - 08/11/17 10:23 AM

First deer I ever killed: I was 10-11 years old. We were at my family's hunting camp and all of the adults left the kids to go riding the roads. My sister was around 15 and cousins were up to 17, so we weren't being completely neglected. Before they left I asked if I could kill a deer if it came in the back yard. They, not knowing I had been baiting it up every weekend for a couple of weeks, gave me the green light. They never thought in a million years thought one would wander into the back yard.

After they left I would periodically run to the restroom at the back of the house that had a window with a view of my corn pile. I would shine my flashlight through the window to check for deer. I did this about 5 times with no luck. Finally I saw those glowing eyes. I grabbed my single shot Stephens 20 gauge and loaded it. I grabbed my flashlight and tried to sneak out the squeaky screen door. It seemed like it took an eternity to get that door open without squeaking loud enough to spook the deer. I finally made it out the door and down the stairs. Much to my surprise, the deer was still there. My heart was beating out of my chest! I walked a about 15' closer to get a better shot. I put the flashlight between my legs, strategically aimed anywhere but directly at the deer, and I steadied my gun and pulled the trigger. I was shaking uncontrollably. I just knew I had killed my first deer. I went to the crime scene but there was no deer in site. I was devastated.

The adults get home about 30 minutes later and I told them I shot a deer. They all laughed and didn't believe me. After finally convincing them I was serious they had a disturbed look on their face. We went to look for blood and found some at the tree line. We tracked the deer about 100 yards into the woods and found her. We dragged her out and cleaned her. I got a face full of blood and lots of pictures taken. We still laugh about that but, thinking back, it may have been one of the most illegal deer taken in the history of outlawing.... Well, maybe not.

The deer was taken at night with the aid of a light. It was taken over bait. It was a doe and it wasn't doe season (back when we only had a week of doe season). I was using buckshot during stalk season. I think the only ways it could have been more illegal would have been on someone else's property(or federal land) and if I would have been in a vehicle. Needless to say, I got a lesson on deer hunting after all was said and done. I believe my parents and family learned a lesson that night also. We later learned that a game warden bullied up one of the neighbors that night thinking he was the culprit.

That was the only time I have outlawed in my life.

all of this Allegedly happened.
Posted By: MarksOutdoors

Re: Most outlaw thing “a buddy of mine" ever did……. - 08/11/17 10:27 AM

I left a spent cartridge in the woods after a kill. Have regretted it for the last five years.
Posted By: Jakethesnake

Re: Most outlaw thing “a buddy of mine" ever did……. - 08/11/17 11:45 AM

I got one worse than that. I let some bowels move while hunting. Hope no one saw it, heard it, smelled it or found it by mistake. I was lucky to have toilet paper or the leaves would have murdered me for sure. But on a serious note, i better keep quiet about my outlaw friends. Some guys just dont care and that can be bad news for the gossiper. Especially when it involves outlaws doing outlaw things.

Re: Most outlaw thing “a buddy of mine" ever did……. - 08/11/17 11:52 AM

A musical interlude....... grin

Posted By: sumpter_al

Re: Most outlaw thing “a buddy of mine" ever did……. - 08/11/17 12:48 PM

A friend of a friends dad was a GW in Pickens county. Son swiped a device from his dads truck that he had taken off someone. It was unlike anything they had ever seen and went to the river to try it out. Went upstream a few miles and dropped the leads out and turned it on. They both told me that it looked like something out of a movie. The water boiled with fish. They both got scared and left without any fish. The son put it back in his dads truck and never said anything.

That same GW was friends with my FIL. We had a place leased off the Mcall Bottom road and my father in law was in a climber one morning over looking a small field that had about 40 yards of planted pines between it and the road. He sees a deer just outside the planted pines and takes the shot. Deer does not move, so he shoots again. At this point the GW hollers for my FIL to stop shooting his deer. My FIL just hollered "sorry I thought it was real" and came down and headed to the club house. A hour or so later the GW stopped by and told him he would let him know the next time he setup there because my FIL was shooting right over his concealed position.
Posted By: Jakethesnake

Re: Most outlaw thing “a buddy of mine" ever did……. - 08/11/17 01:28 PM

I guess the fil was sitting over 100yds from that road so he was legal? When he shot the fake deer?
Posted By: Bud Meadows

Re: Most outlaw thing “a buddy of mine" ever did……. - 08/11/17 02:04 PM

A buddy of mine from Iowa had a hobby of creating massive fake whitetail racks from sheds he had picked up and wooden dowels joined by plastic wood and stained a consistent color. Holding the rack in your hands, you'd swear it was a real whitetail rack. He made the mistake of selling one of his fake racks to a guy in another state. The guy tried to enter the rack in Boone & Crockett, but they Xrayed the rack and rejected it. The guy files a criminal complaint for fraud, and since it crossed state lines, it was a Lacey Act violation. My buddy copped a plea and got 8 months in a federal prison. Sad but true story.
Posted By: BC_Reb

Re: Most outlaw thing “a buddy of mine" ever did……. - 08/11/17 03:02 PM

Originally Posted By: turkey247

Seriously... I know one guy that lost his job right before turkey season and ended up killing 19 in one season. Another guy is my 2nd cousin from Hurtsboro, he was pretty much homeless and would camp/hunt on all those big plantations out there. He lived in the woods all the time and would hunt from the first gobble of the year until mid summer most years. No bs he has a Crocker sack slap filled to the brim with spurs.(like 70lbs of turkey feet) He only keeps the spurs. I'm sure there are folks here that know him. Another guy used to trot line turkeys and showed off 14 hens in the Depot parking lot one time. That's been years ago though!
Posted By: Frankie

Re: Most outlaw thing “a buddy of mine" ever did……. - 08/11/17 03:33 PM

Originally Posted By: Jakethesnake
I guess the fil was sitting over 100yds from that road so he was legal? When he shot the fake deer?

i think its 50 yards from ROW . 100 yards from a house .

if you own/live on the land you can hunt from the edge of the ROW
Posted By: Gotcha1

Re: Most outlaw thing “a buddy of mine" ever did……. - 08/11/17 03:37 PM

Sold black bear gall bladders to the Chinese.
Posted By: AUwrestler

Re: Most outlaw thing “a buddy of mine" ever did……. - 08/11/17 04:28 PM

My granddad was rough on deer, but was head deacan at his small church. One sunday they had a missionary come to the church and since my granddad was head deacan, he took him back to house for dinner. On the way home, he sees a buck in a field on the side of the road. He tells the missionary to role down his window and he shoots this buck across the missionaries lap. Drove home and tells my dad who was dating my mom at the time to go get the deer. One of my favorite stories.
Posted By: MC21

Re: Most outlaw thing “a buddy of mine" ever did……. - 08/11/17 04:59 PM

Posted By: BhamFred

Re: Most outlaw thing “a buddy of mine" ever did……. - 08/11/17 06:22 PM

when I was a teenager I was a member of a hunting club in north Sumpter Co made up of a big family of true outlaws from Blount Co. One of the grandsons was near my age and a friend of mine and my brothers. Several nights at supper they would plot to kill the tame buck IN the Livingston jail fence. They were serious about it. I don't think they ever did it but they sure wanted to. I figgered someone would go to prison over that deal.
Posted By: dBmV

Re: Most outlaw thing “a buddy of mine" ever did……. - 08/11/17 06:46 PM

Originally Posted By: BC_Reb
Originally Posted By: turkey247

Seriously... I know one guy that lost his job right before turkey season and ended up killing 19 in one season. Another guy is my 2nd cousin from Hurtsboro, he was pretty much homeless and would camp/hunt on all those big plantations out there. He lived in the woods all the time and would hunt from the first gobble of the year until mid summer most years. No bs he has a Crocker sack slap filled to the brim with spurs.(like 70lbs of turkey feet) He only keeps the spurs. I'm sure there are folks here that know him. Another guy used to trot line turkeys and showed off 14 hens in the Depot parking lot one time. That's been years ago though!

Is he the bat shucks crazy guy that used to live out of an older model Ford truck and spot light deer all year long? If so I had a couple of run ins with him.
Posted By: Fuzzy_Bunny

Re: Most outlaw thing “a buddy of mine" ever did……. - 08/11/17 06:57 PM

I know a guy who deer hunted with only 142 square inches of hunters orange on. shocked
Posted By: level5

Re: Most outlaw thing “a buddy of mine" ever did……. - 08/11/17 07:32 PM

I took a buddy hunting flounder one night, and he gigged a redfish. I told him that is yours, I could fill the boat up with them if I wanted a ticket. Well we proceed to change spots, and pull right up on the marine patrol sitting with NO LIGHTS on and night vision eyewear. We rounded the little point, and I slid the redfish over the side to swim off. Officer cranked up and moved so he could observe us for a while. We proceeded to get checked...he got a ticket for no license, and he gave me one for improper lighting for good measure.

I saw someone that looks like just like me shoot a gobbler once and had to crawl under the fence to pick him up.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM