Aldeer.com

Killing RR corn??

Posted By: centralala

Killing RR corn?? - 04/26/17 11:39 AM

What can I kill it with. Thought clethodim would work but hasn't had any noticeable affect. Suggestions??
Posted By: Bustinbeards

Re: Killing RR corn?? - 04/26/17 11:41 AM

bushhog

Re: Killing RR corn?? - 04/26/17 11:45 AM

I've disced it 4 times. Every time it rains it comes back. Now I have another crop planted there and it needs to die.
Posted By: Standbanger

Re: Killing RR corn?? - 04/26/17 12:06 PM

you would think the disking would have worked

Re: Killing RR corn?? - 04/26/17 12:15 PM

I left a lot of corn in the field all the way into turkey season. Every time I disc corn gets turned up and germinates. So its different corn each time but if I can spray what is up now, maybe the rest is too deep to come up.
Posted By: sumpter_al

Re: Killing RR corn?? - 04/26/17 12:15 PM

Crossbow should kill it, but it will only kill the seeds that have sprouted. Any leftover corn that has not germinated will be unaffected.
Posted By: Remington270

Re: Killing RR corn?? - 04/26/17 12:33 PM

Don't some farmers defoliate with some sort of acid? That may do it.
Posted By: Fuzzy_Bunny

Re: Killing RR corn?? - 04/26/17 01:04 PM

Fire

Re: Killing RR corn?? - 04/26/17 03:03 PM

After the discing not any fuel for fire. Only green plants coming up.

Farmers do something besides try getting the corn out of the field unlike me. They spray a pre-emergent.

Remember, I thought I had it and the next crop of peanuts and watermelons are already planted.

Crossbow would get it but I'll have to read more on its soil activity since the other crop is there.
Posted By: Strictlybow

Re: Killing RR corn?? - 04/26/17 03:05 PM

Baby it...put some fertilizer on it...pray for rain...

Then you won't get another drop and it will die for sure!
Posted By: Yelp softly

Re: Killing RR corn?? - 04/26/17 03:20 PM

Peanuts and watermelon are both broadleaf so there should be a grass killing herbicide that would work for those. How long ago did you try the cleth? It seems to take a few weeks to get a good kill with it.

Re: Killing RR corn?? - 04/26/17 03:26 PM

Originally Posted By: Yelp softly
Peanuts and watermelon are both broadleaf so there should be a grass killing herbicide that would work for those. How long ago did you try the cleth? It seems to take a few weeks to get a good kill with it.

It been about 17-18 days since spraying. Don't know if its like gly where if its really dry its slower to work if it works at all. Plant has to be actively growing.
Posted By: BatesConst

Re: Killing RR corn?? - 04/26/17 07:25 PM

Disc it then put out atrazine. That'll probably do it.
Posted By: Auburn_03

Re: Killing RR corn?? - 04/26/17 08:26 PM

If the corn is growing spray with about 4 ounce per acre of section 3. Section 3 will kill grass along with the corn. Gramoxone at 1 quart per acre should also do the job.

Atrazine is a chemical used to kill broadleafs in corn. It will not kill corn.
Posted By: Fullthrottle

Re: Killing RR corn?? - 04/27/17 02:46 PM

Atrazine want kill corn. I use 1 quart acre Atrazine, 1.50quarts acre of Gramoxone S.L. 2.0, 8.30quarts acre of charger max. Mixed with 40 gallons acre nitrogen when I spray down for corn

Don't spray atrazine if you plan on planting beans in the next 10 months
Posted By: BamaPlowboy

Re: Killing RR corn?? - 04/28/17 11:09 AM

Atrazine and gramaxone are also restricted use pesticides, hit it again with poast or select but I'd add some AMS and a high quality surfactant or crop oil. Are the melons and peanuts already up?
Posted By: 257wbymag

Re: Killing RR corn?? - 05/07/17 09:25 AM

Man there's some pitiful recommendations on this thread. Selectmax at 12-16 oz per acre will most definitely kill it.

Re: Killing RR corn?? - 05/07/17 11:32 AM

Too far gone now. I plant it just for wildlife and there is a lot left the next spring when I'm ready to plant. Whole ears sprouting 30 stalks each is a tremendous amount of regrowth. I need something as a pre-emergent that I can plant after.

Re: Killing RR corn?? - 05/07/17 03:37 PM

It's better to handle it post emerge with selectmax. It won't hurt your melons, peas, beans. You into too much grey area with a pre that'll kill RR corn and won't hurt various other crops. Why is it too far gone now?

Re: Killing RR corn?? - 05/07/17 07:04 PM

Well, if it won't hurt the other crops then its not too far gone.

Re: Killing RR corn?? - 05/07/17 07:27 PM

Selectmax is strictly a monocot or grassy type crop killer. So anything broadleaf will not die. It's a newer form of clethodim with a loaded surfactant. There are generics of selectmax out now too.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM