Aldeer.com

Kentucky or Illinois?

Posted By: !shiloh!

Kentucky or Illinois? - 09/12/16 09:16 PM

I'm trying to make a plan for next year's hunting season. I don't have any experience hunting out of state.im planning on doing a public land hunt in West Kentucky or puting in for the lottery in Illinois. Thoughts?
Posted By: 40Bucks

Re: Kentucky or Illinois? - 09/12/16 09:23 PM

Never hunted there but from my visits to Illinois, the place is loaded with nice deer. That'd be my first choice, southern tip of the state between the rivers.
Posted By: N2TRKYS

Re: Kentucky or Illinois? - 09/12/16 09:34 PM

I've hunted both. Are you bow or gun hunting?
Posted By: Remington270

Re: Kentucky or Illinois? - 09/12/16 09:50 PM

I'd go with Illinois but depends on the area.
Posted By: mauvilla

Re: Kentucky or Illinois? - 09/13/16 01:21 AM

I don't know if $ has a influence but a license in Illinois is twice what Kentucky cost

Re: Kentucky or Illinois? - 09/13/16 07:00 AM

I'll be bow hunting. I don't want to break the bank but I don't mind spend more money for a better chance at a buck or experience. From what I've heard you can go to Kentucky for less than $400. Tag and license.
Posted By: Varner1238

Re: Kentucky or Illinois? - 09/13/16 08:05 AM

I make the trip to Cadiz Kentucky every year and had great results. I hunt the LBL and also the Army core land. For my license and tags I pay right under $400.
Posted By: FurFlyin

Re: Kentucky or Illinois? - 09/13/16 08:13 AM

Northwestern KY is just as good as anywhere.
Posted By: fur_n_feathers

Re: Kentucky or Illinois? - 09/13/16 08:27 AM

Never been to Illinois, but I have been to Kentucky public land. Kentucky is covered in deer and I've had some awesome hunts. I know several people that have been to Illinois with great results as well. The results you have will have a lot to do with the homework you do prior to your hunt.
Posted By: GTI

Re: Kentucky or Illinois? - 09/13/16 02:14 PM

I have hunted public land in southern Illinois for the last four years. You can get your tags and all for under 500.00. It's worth the money. You will see plenty of deer. If you can go between Nov. 7th and 14th it' usually peak rut then.
Posted By: Big Game Hunter

Re: Kentucky or Illinois? - 09/13/16 02:17 PM

EHD has played havoc on lots of areas in Illinois. Use caution.
Posted By: Dkhargroves

Re: Kentucky or Illinois? - 09/13/16 04:59 PM

Originally Posted By: Big Game Hunter
EHD has played havoc on lots of areas in Illinois. Use caution.

words of wisdom
Posted By: ericbowhunter

Re: Kentucky or Illinois? - 09/13/16 09:41 PM

I'm in a lease in both states now. From what I've seen. I'd go with Illinois over Kentucky for Big deer. The shorter drive to Kentucky sure is nice though.

Re: Kentucky or Illinois? - 09/13/16 10:03 PM

Thanks for the input fellas. Kinda leaning toward Kentucky.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM