Aldeer.com

Thinking about join a hunting club in Georgia?

Posted By: shooters

Thinking about join a hunting club in Georgia? - 06/23/16 01:44 PM

Any one here hunt in Harris or Talbot county georgia? I like the fact that you can start hunting with Bow in Sept and rifle in October. Rut comes in around Nov 10th or so right? License to run about 300 dollars for Non-Resident? Already in 2 clubs in Alabama , just looking for 1 out of state. Anything in the 2000-3000 dollar range will do just fine! thumbup
Posted By: Rebelman

Re: Thinking about join a hunting club in Georgia? - 06/23/16 04:18 PM

You would get more bang for your money in Mississippi. Of course, the season lines up more closely to Alabama though.
Posted By: Yelp softly

Re: Thinking about join a hunting club in Georgia? - 06/23/16 07:47 PM

For that price, I'd just do an out of state hunt somewhere. If you're already in 2 other clubs, how much use is it realistically going to get.
Posted By: Atoler

Re: Thinking about join a hunting club in Georgia? - 06/23/16 08:16 PM

Harris can be pretty good, depending on where you're at in the county. Anything along the river is good, around Pine Mountain, or most any privately owned land on the north side of the county. Talbot isn't my favorite county, if I was looking in that area I would go with Harris or Taylor. Taylor will surprise you, on the right piece of land. You might be guessing they run a little early, I put it around third week in November. September bow hunting is miserable, but it is possible to pattern bucks 1st week of season
Posted By: WildlifeBiologist

Re: Thinking about join a hunting club in Georgia? - 06/24/16 06:39 AM

I have two leases in Wilkes County, GA near Athens. Our rut is mid to late November. Best deer killed around here that I know of is a 183" and a couple low 170s.
Posted By: SouthBamaSlayer

Re: Thinking about join a hunting club in Georgia? - 06/24/16 07:24 AM

Originally Posted By: Yelp softly
For that price, I'd just do an out of state hunt somewhere. If you're already in 2 other clubs, how much use is it realistically going to get.

Yeah if I was in two other clubs already, my butt would be headed to the mid west or something.
Posted By: eskimo270

Re: Thinking about join a hunting club in Georgia? - 06/24/16 08:28 PM

There are some good deer in Harris co, probably not the numbers today as there was in the 90's and early 2000's. I hunt some land in Troup co just north of West point, we had a spell a few years ago where hunting pressure and yotes had made it tough to see many deer but the last 3 years the hunting has been as good as I have ever experienced anywhere, with seeing good numbers and good bucks.
Posted By: Condor

Re: Thinking about join a hunting club in Georgia? - 06/26/16 05:51 PM

Harris, Troup, Meriwether, Talbot and possibly Marion are all good counties close to the Alabama border. Should be able to get in a decent club around $1,200 -1,500. Look at GON website and there are currently leases from all those counties looking for members. Of that group, Meriwether, Harris and Troup have the best dirt, hence the best chance of a big deer. Rut in Meriwether and Harris seem to be around the first week of November, while Troup seems to be more around Thanksgiving for the rut.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM