Aldeer.com

Growing Antlers Back Black Warrior???

Posted By: JD_Bowhunter1976

Growing Antlers Back Black Warrior??? - 02/26/16 05:41 PM

My uncle found this today doing some scouting.

Posted By: Clem

Re: Growing Antlers Back Black Warrior??? - 02/26/16 06:03 PM

Maybe it broke off late last summer or autumn, got buried and then a critter found it recently?
Posted By: booner270

Re: Growing Antlers Back Black Warrior??? - 02/26/16 07:46 PM

Looks like a bone more to me, leg bone from some critter, idk maybe not
Posted By: ikillbux

Re: Growing Antlers Back Black Warrior??? - 02/26/16 07:54 PM

That's a bone with flesh/hair on it. That's my story anyway.

Re: Growing Antlers Back Black Warrior??? - 02/26/16 08:28 PM

He gave it to Kevin Pugh the game warden that took Matt's position and he confirmed it was a newly grown antler. It had fresh blood on it, so it's not old. A lot of bucks drop there antlers around first week in January in Black Warrior, so it has had plenty of time to start regrowing. I don't turkey hunt, but I have heard of hunters seeing the beginning of regrowth in velvet with 6" of antlers with some splitting.

Re: Growing Antlers Back Black Warrior??? - 02/26/16 08:37 PM

Extended season is not a good idea for Black Warrior. If so it needs to be bucks only. I killed a buck the second week in January that had already dropped and now seeing this only confirms what we see in Black Warrior. Hopefully someone with some say so will see this evidence of what's going on in our neck of the woods.
Posted By: Clem

Re: Growing Antlers Back Black Warrior??? - 02/26/16 09:03 PM

Thanks for that info, JD. Pretty wild.
Posted By: 257wbymag

Re: Growing Antlers Back Black Warrior??? - 02/26/16 11:24 PM

I always have ear high spuds on bucks on my farm by mid April. That's in SW limestone county.
Posted By: jlbuc10

Re: Growing Antlers Back Black Warrior??? - 02/27/16 08:58 AM

That ain't an antler broke off from this growing season. The hair doesn't look like antler velvet to me. Not exactly sure what it is though.
Posted By: Squadron77

Re: Growing Antlers Back Black Warrior??? - 02/27/16 10:02 PM

That's from a cull buck. Bad genetics for sure, he will be a 4pt on one and stub on the other.
Posted By: James

Re: Growing Antlers Back Black Warrior??? - 02/28/16 01:16 AM

Hmmmmmm
Posted By: charlie

Re: Growing Antlers Back Black Warrior??? - 02/28/16 12:12 PM

I can't tell what it is from the picture but there are messed up, injured or deformed deer that never shed their antlers and even some does that grow antler so even if it is antler doesn't mean it is from a healthy deer that is growing his antlers back already.
Posted By: timbercruiser

Re: Growing Antlers Back Black Warrior??? - 02/28/16 02:54 PM

When I first saw that I thought it was some kind of mushroom/fungus or something.
Posted By: 40Bucks

Re: Growing Antlers Back Black Warrior??? - 02/29/16 01:32 PM

I would not have thought it was antler. Looks hollow to me, from that camera angle. Good that you checked it out. Interesting.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM