Aldeer.com

Black flash cameras?

Posted By: MarksOutdoors

Black flash cameras? - 12/21/15 01:54 PM

Does anybody believe the deer can still see the flash from black flash cameras? My deer still seem to be looking at the camera even with black flash. Or it may just be that they can see the camera with their excellent night time optics.
Posted By: Jstocks

Re: Black flash cameras? - 12/21/15 03:17 PM

Noise.

It will also cause them to look.
Posted By: gatorbait154

Re: Black flash cameras? - 12/21/15 03:31 PM

I can't hear or see my covert black cams. They are the best that I have found.
Posted By: MarksOutdoors

Re: Black flash cameras? - 12/21/15 03:48 PM

Originally Posted By: gatorbait154
I can't hear or see my covert black cams. They are the best that I have found.

Same for my Stealth cams, but I have noticed the bucks looking straight at them at 2 am in the morning. Some will stick their head in front of the camera but not their whole body.
Posted By: TwoRs

Re: Black flash cameras? - 12/22/15 07:13 AM

Not sure if they can see them but they are much better at not spooking. Black flash, no glow are all I am buying now.
Posted By: BOB

Re: Black flash cameras? - 12/22/15 10:45 AM

All cameras make a noise when coming on, you might not hear it but the deer can. Personally I have never had a problem with them spooking deer except for some of the early Moultrie Infrared, don't remember the model. Don't know if it was the flash or noise. I only use black/no glow and white flash now, NEVER had one spook a deer. Always set for at least 3 pics, always have the deer in all 3 unless it is on a trail and they are passing by. And I Dont put them up high, only put about thigh high.

Re: Black flash cameras? - 12/22/15 11:18 AM

I make some camera mounting system that allows me to hand my cameras 6' and the deer don't even know that the cameras are there.

Re: Black flash cameras? - 12/22/15 11:19 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ru5_r3y1dNI
Posted By: BOFF

Re: Black flash cameras? - 12/22/15 11:40 AM

Agree with the noise comment. I can hear the early Moultrie cameras (I-40s)cameras, deer look at them, and the new Browning cameras I bought, the deer aren't paying any attention to them.

God Bless,
David B.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM