Aldeer.com

Spinoff on deer #'s

Posted By: RonBuck

Spinoff on deer #'s - 12/03/15 04:07 PM

Looks like alabama hunters are educated on killing the does and practicing trigger restraint . Yeah right .

https://game.dcnr.alabama.gov/Mobile/State10.aspx
Posted By: 257wbymag

Re: Spinoff on deer #'s - 12/03/15 04:54 PM

So are they now telling the future? 2015-2016?

Re: Spinoff on deer #'s - 12/03/15 05:14 PM

That's #s so far to date
Posted By: Remington270

Re: Spinoff on deer #'s - 12/03/15 05:44 PM

Originally Posted By: RonBuck
Looks like alabama hunters are educated on killing the does and practicing trigger restraint . Yeah right .

https://game.dcnr.alabama.gov/Mobile/State10.aspx

You do realize this is for the whole state right? A state with 5 million people. These numbers don't seem high at all.

Re: Spinoff on deer #'s - 12/03/15 05:47 PM

Yeah I do I'd say 10% have reported .. I checked it about 3 weeks into bow season and lee county had 8 total deer reported, I knew of twice that many personally that had been taken at that time . We had a thread on that already .

Re: Spinoff on deer #'s - 12/03/15 05:49 PM

And on top of that . I would imagine more does go unreported than Bucks .
Posted By: marshmud991

Re: Spinoff on deer #'s - 12/03/15 05:50 PM

I can tell you the doe #s for Monroe co. is not right. 3 for sure is not in there yet.

Re: Spinoff on deer #'s - 12/03/15 06:03 PM

Let me put my thinking into perspective here .. This system is voluntary , not required therefore I would assume most of these hunters reporting this data are ethical stand up law abiding hunters for the most part .. It seems to be the conseus is that deer #s are down across the state ..yet hunters are still killing more does .. So either hunters
A. Get educated themselves and practice trigger restraint ( I don't ghink will happen because as stated previously "southern folks like to kill things"
B. The state puts some restrictions and I say if the state don't put some restrictions they are either Naive to the facts or Don't give a crap
Posted By: ghost rabbit

Re: Spinoff on deer #'s - 12/03/15 06:09 PM

Let me put my thinking into perspective here .. This system is voluntary , not required therefore I would assume most of these hunters reporting this data are ethical stand up law abiding hunters for the most part .. It seems to be the conseus is that deer #s are down across the state ..yet hunters are still killing more does .. So either hunters
A. Get educated themselves and practice trigger restraint ( I don't ghink will happen because as stated previously "southern folks like to kill things"
B. The state puts some restrictions and I say if the state don't put some restrictions they are either Naive to the facts or Don't give a crap

What are you making this judgement off of? What do you mean by hunters are still killing more does? More does than bucks? More does than needed? More does than last year?

How do you know from this information that hunters aren't practicing trigger restraint?

Re: Spinoff on deer #'s - 12/03/15 07:18 PM

Seems like deer numbers are down across the state therfore there are a lot of places where no does should be killed but in just about every county in the state more does than Bucks are being killed .. The argument here is that hubters should edeucate themselves and manage how they see fit.. I would like it to be this way too .. However I'm afraid our take take take society . Is going to eventually take too much as far as deer populations in many areas.
Posted By: waymore

Re: Spinoff on deer #'s - 12/03/15 08:01 PM

I love the stats, I just wish they would keep the old numbers up for comparison, so you can see the effects of weather, etc. Stats and actual ground truth was one of the key factors in the descision to let hunters hunt into Feb. in south Alabama. Also, think there should be a drawing for a rifle or four wheeler for the county that has the most deer reported. Take all hunters names who reported and draw one. Seems like cheap money to get the data.

Re: Spinoff on deer #'s - 12/03/15 08:08 PM

Originally Posted By: waymore
I love the stats, I just wish they would keep the old numbers up for comparison, so you can see the effects of weather, etc. Stats and actual ground truth was one of the key factors in the descision to let hunters hunt into Feb. in south Alabama. Also, think there should be a drawing for a rifle or four wheeler for the county that has the most deer reported. Take all hunters names who reported and draw one. Seems like cheap money to get the data.

Good idea , could even make it better than that add a 1 fee to hunting liscence and make it pay out 5 places ..100,000.00 to the winner
Posted By: Frankie

Re: Spinoff on deer #'s - 12/03/15 08:16 PM

Seems like deer numbers are down across the state therfore there are a lot of places where no does should be killed but in just about every county in the state more does than Bucks are being killed .. The argument here is that hubters should edeucate themselves and manage how they see fit.. I would like it to be this way too .. However I'm afraid our take take take society . Is going to eventually take too much as far as deer populations in many areas.

numbers aint down where i hunt in elmore county.
Posted By: talltines1

Re: Spinoff on deer #'s - 12/03/15 08:37 PM

I agree it was stated at the beginning of hunting season on aldeer teams ya kill a doe and put some points on the board.I dont personally think does should even count ,thats just enticing people to kill them for sport.I wish a law would band doe killing for the next 5 years they can up the buck limit to maybe 10 . Bucks would still give people a chance at plenty if meat,the does are this states future and population.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM