Aldeer.com

Fawns

Posted By: jaredhunts

Fawns - 08/30/15 06:04 PM

I know that there is a thread about fawns but are any of you seeing a bumper crop of fawns this year? I have two on camera and have seen 5 while cutting fields. This is a first for me. Usually the only fawns I've seen are after the cutter got them. So maybe the does were more willing this year than before, I don't know.
Posted By: Jstocks

Re: Fawns - 08/30/15 06:25 PM

I'm seeing a lot of bred does, but they have not dropped yet on my lease in Stockton.
Posted By: BhamFred

Re: Fawns - 08/30/15 06:31 PM

weld a crossbar out in front of the tractor, two foot off the ground and weld two foot pieces of chain every eight inches from it. The chain moving thru the grass ahead of the tractor will make any close laying fawn get up and run....
Posted By: ghost rabbit

Re: Fawns - 08/30/15 07:54 PM

I've had a pic of 2-3 already. Hoping they make it. My brother went coyote hunting yesterday and called a fawn in and then a doe later on. No Coyotes though. Looks like ours started dropping around the first week of August.
Posted By: cartervj

Re: Fawns - 08/30/15 07:55 PM

I jumped one out of my millet last weekend, spots were about gone which is a little unusual.
Posted By: ozarktroutbum

Re: Fawns - 08/30/15 08:10 PM

Saw a big doe about 1/2 mile across the peanut fields on Friday. Was looking through the bino's. Had nice size twins with her. This was in Henry county.
Posted By: lectrode

Re: Fawns - 08/30/15 08:47 PM

Im getting lots of pictures of fawns,mostly twins.They started dropping around the 16th of July at our place.
Posted By: FurFlyin

Re: Fawns - 08/30/15 08:56 PM

I built this fawn saver for our tractor to use while cutting hay.

Posted By: top cat

Re: Fawns - 08/30/15 09:09 PM

Originally Posted By: FurFlyin
I built this fawn saver for our tractor to use while cutting hay.

Great job thumbup

Re: Fawns - 08/30/15 09:18 PM

fur, thats pretty close to what we used in Greene Co when cutting CRP fields. Works great.

Re: Fawns - 09/01/15 07:06 PM

Troy, I think you are the one that gave me the idea to build that.

Re: Fawns - 09/01/15 07:55 PM

you did a good build....
Posted By: jaredhunts

Re: Fawns - 09/01/15 07:56 PM

That looks like it would do the trick if you don't knockem out with it. Haha

Re: Fawns - 09/01/15 08:03 PM

Originally Posted By: BhamFred
you did a good build....

Well, you know that IS how I make my living. LOL I just scrapped that thing together and built it in the barn. It's a 50 footer. Looks good from 50 feet away.
Posted By: David Ellis

Re: Fawns - 09/01/15 08:45 PM

I have not seen any fawns yet in Lowndes county. All does at feeders are still fat and very much pregnant.
Posted By: Fullthrottle

Re: Fawns - 09/01/15 08:59 PM

Fur we seen doe and here little one on the back side of y'all's farm today about 1130

Re: Fawns - 09/01/15 10:28 PM

Originally Posted By: Fullthrottle
Fur we seen doe and here little one on the back side of y'all's farm today about 1130

The first ones to drop should be about 2 weeks old. Where did you see her?
Posted By: Fullthrottle

Re: Fawns - 09/02/15 05:41 AM

That bottom corner back behind Bobs house
Posted By: ikillbux

Re: Fawns - 09/02/15 02:17 PM

I've only got a camera on one small piece of land in Talladega county... So far I'm only getting photos of what I think is two adult does, one has twins and the other has one. They all three look to be the same age, guessing they were born early-mid July. It's possible there are three adult does and 5 fawns, but I can only swear there's two and 3. One of those deer seems to still be followed by her last year's twins (both look like 1.5 yr old does).
Posted By: AlabamaSwamper

Re: Fawns - 09/02/15 06:16 PM

Fawns everywhere but not unusual. Might be more twins this year than usual.
Posted By: crocker

Re: Fawns - 09/02/15 08:22 PM

Seen lots more this year than usual
Posted By: CKyleC

Re: Fawns - 09/02/15 09:33 PM

I haven't seen a single fawn. I have two tracts that total 120 acres. They are separated by a 40 acre tract. I have 4 cameras on my 120 acres. No fawns. Very few does. We have a lot of pictures of young bucks. There are at least 8 separate, identifiable, young bucks. We thinned 80 acres this past fall, and burned about 15 acres of that this spring. I'm hoping the does and fawns are hiding out in the cover provided from the thinned pines. The weeds are 5-6ft tall.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM