Aldeer.com

Whatever happened to Rhett Kelly, the taxidermist in Wetumpka?

Posted By: tikkaman

Whatever happened to Rhett Kelly, the taxidermist in Wetumpka? - 05/04/15 02:07 PM

He always did the very best work on shoulder mounts and fish.
I went to go kayaking on the Coosa and his shop was closed. Disapoint.
Posted By: bill

Re: Whatever happened to Rhett Kelly, the taxidermist in Wetumpka? - 05/04/15 02:14 PM

He's got a new shop up in Titus and still plenty busy.
Posted By: tikkaman

Re: Whatever happened to Rhett Kelly, the taxidermist in Wetumpka? - 05/04/15 02:22 PM

That's great to hear. Like I said, I was very impressed with his work.
Posted By: loprofile

Re: Whatever happened to Rhett Kelly, the taxidermist in Wetumpka? - 05/04/15 02:34 PM

Probably has not been more than 5 or 6 years ago that he moved.
Posted By: Coosa1

Re: Whatever happened to Rhett Kelly, the taxidermist in Wetumpka? - 05/04/15 04:14 PM

Yep, he's in Titus, right off 29 about a mile or so past the post office. He did a shoulder mount for me a couple years ago. But he's been moved to Titus since 2006 or earlier for sure because he mounted my first rack buck in 06
Posted By: loprofile

Re: Whatever happened to Rhett Kelly, the taxidermist in Wetumpka? - 05/04/15 04:17 PM

At what point does is stop being his "new shop"
Posted By: bill

Re: Whatever happened to Rhett Kelly, the taxidermist in Wetumpka? - 05/04/15 08:09 PM

Originally Posted By: loprofile
At what point does is stop being his "new shop"

He had been in the other spot for umpteen years so I figured I'd just refer to the present location as the "new" location since I figured the original poster wasn't aware he'd moved.
Posted By: bamaeyedoc

Re: Whatever happened to Rhett Kelly, the taxidermist in Wetumpka? - 05/05/15 08:41 AM

He's still got my 1st Merriam of mine up there. When I moved out of the big house after the "D", I don't have room to put it. I'll eventually get it someday. He's got a nice place up there but it's an hour one way to him now from Montgomery. Does beautiful work on feathers and fins.

Dr. B
Posted By: Coosa1

Re: Whatever happened to Rhett Kelly, the taxidermist in Wetumpka? - 05/05/15 08:55 AM

Yeah, he's a super guy to work with. Definitely does some of the best work that I've seen in this part of the state.
Posted By: Rock

Re: Whatever happened to Rhett Kelly, the taxidermist in Wetumpka? - 05/06/15 06:42 PM

Has anybody on here ever used David Davenport in Thorsby Alabbama
Posted By: josht101

Re: Whatever happened to Rhett Kelly, the taxidermist in Wetumpka? - 05/07/15 10:54 PM

Originally Posted By: Rock
Has anybody on here ever used David Davenport in Thorsby Alabbama

Yes, he does fairly good work and is around 450 for a shoulder mount. If I wasn't using artistic whitetails now I would still be using him. Artistic whitetails is better by a margin though.
Posted By: leroycnbucks

Re: Whatever happened to Rhett Kelly, the taxidermist in Wetumpka? - 05/08/15 06:01 PM

Posted By: ghosthunter3006

Re: Whatever happened to Rhett Kelly, the taxidermist in Wetumpka? - 05/12/15 12:00 AM

He is a very busy man.He has my 140 class buck from this past season and is only a five minute drive for me to his shop.I can't wait to get it back because Rhett is a true artist with the work he puts out.I would highly recommend him to anyone on here as long as it don't slow him down on finishing mine.
Posted By: rootstick

Re: Whatever happened to Rhett Kelly, the taxidermist in Wetumpka? - 05/12/15 12:04 AM

I'm using Will Foster; Foster Taxidermy Studio from Montgomery.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM