Aldeer.com

What is a hunting club?

Posted By: Les7603006

What is a hunting club? - 04/13/15 01:23 PM

What the heck are you guys talking about?
Posted By: daniel white

Re: What is a hunting club? - 04/13/15 01:27 PM

It's a tract of land where different people pool the money together, and pay for the hunting right to it.
Posted By: Turkeymaster

Re: What is a hunting club? - 04/13/15 01:28 PM

you need to come to the south more
Posted By: 2Dogs

Re: What is a hunting club? - 04/13/15 01:32 PM

Originally Posted By: Turkeymaster
you need to come to the south more

This^^^^^.
Posted By: getoutdoors

Re: What is a hunting club? - 04/13/15 01:50 PM

Like Daniel said it's a group of people who obtain the hunting rights to a specific property or properties. These people can make the club whatever they want but they are all supposed to follow state laws. Members put in work days where they plant food plots and maintain the rest of the property in an effort to create the best environment possible. Some clubs are very expensive with low member to acre ratios and others are inexpensive comparatively with higher member to acre ratios. Just hink of it as a large lease in the Midwest but there is not nearly as much agriculture so it is the members responsibility to provide and maintain those fields.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: What is a hunting club? - 04/13/15 02:21 PM

A hunting club is a southern version of a reality tv show.

Re: What is a hunting club? - 04/13/15 02:28 PM

Originally Posted By: Matt Brock

WOW

Re: What is a hunting club? - 04/13/15 02:29 PM

What, no humor?
Posted By: Joe4majors

Re: What is a hunting club? - 04/13/15 02:32 PM

That's putting it politely.
Posted By: NightHunter

Re: What is a hunting club? - 04/13/15 02:43 PM

A place where grown men spend hundreds to thousands of dollars to act like a baby, whine and carry on when someone kills something they don't agree with or hunt the "wrong" way...
Posted By: Tru-Talker

Re: What is a hunting club? - 04/13/15 03:10 PM

Originally Posted By: Les7603006
What the heck are you guys talking about?

You ever seen Party Down South? There ya go.... beers
Posted By: 2Dogs

Re: What is a hunting club? - 04/13/15 04:11 PM

rofl Good lawd, that's funny!

Re: What is a hunting club? - 04/13/15 05:16 PM

What, no humor?

No I think it's Hilarious, the "wow" was just amazement at how you explained it

Re: What is a hunting club? - 04/13/15 05:26 PM

laugh
Posted By: AC870

Re: What is a hunting club? - 04/13/15 06:01 PM

I'm in the $16 club. That's what I pay a year, someone else plants all the plots, polices it and we got thousands and thousands of acres in my club. Every time thought crosses my mind to join a $1,500 club with a measly 2,000 acres I think about that. I ain't figured the big bucks out yet in this club but I feel like I'm closing in. It's not an exclusive club however.
Posted By: N2TRKYS

Re: What is a hunting club? - 04/13/15 06:26 PM

Originally Posted By: AC870
I'm in the $16 club. That's what I pay a year, someone else plants all the plots, polices it and we got thousands and thousands of acres in my club. Every time thought crosses my mind to join a $1,500 club with a measly 2,000 acres I think about that. I ain't figured the big bucks out yet in this club but I feel like I'm closing in. It's not an exclusive club however.

Dang, that's a pretty good deal. You must know somebody. I have to pay $17.15. laugh
Posted By: olemossy

Re: What is a hunting club? - 04/13/15 06:53 PM

this is a fact!!!

Re: What is a hunting club? - 04/13/15 06:55 PM

You boys have some great responses. I got a kick out of a few.

So is it large parcels owned by timber company's, strip mines, or is it a lot of large pieces of private land that the owner leases out?
I've only hunted once at a club. That was in Virginia. They used dogs and had full auto shot guns with buck shot. By full auto I mean, bang bang bang bang did I hit it? That wasn't for me.

Re: What is a hunting club? - 04/13/15 06:56 PM

So is it large parcels owned by timber company's, strip mines, or is it a lot of large pieces of private land that the owner leases out?
I've only hunted once at a club. That was in Virginia. They used dogs and had full auto shot guns with buck shot. By full auto I mean, bang bang bang bang did I hit it? That wasn't for me.

All dogs clubs are not like that.. Are you hunting in Alabama?
Posted By: jnall

Re: What is a hunting club? - 04/13/15 06:58 PM

It's a place to have a whiskey tasting.

Re: What is a hunting club? - 04/13/15 06:59 PM

Originally Posted By: jnall
It's a place to have a whiskey tasting.
Or whiskey making.
Posted By: shooters

Re: What is a hunting club? - 04/13/15 07:13 PM

Alabama has sophisticated dog hunters. They use tracking devices THEN jump out of the truck AND go bang,bang, bang,bang DID I hit it????? rofl

Re: What is a hunting club? - 04/13/15 07:19 PM

Originally Posted By: shooters

Alabama has sophisticated dog hunters. They use tracking devices THEN jump out of the truck AND go bang,bang, bang,bang DID I hit it????? rofl

Yea thats right. But they arent sophisticated as that brilliant african, that invented the deer repellant nose spray for them dogs.. He is a smart little fella..

Re: What is a hunting club? - 04/13/15 07:26 PM

Originally Posted By: daniel white

Yea thats right. But they arent sophisticated as that brilliant african, that invented the deer repellant nose spray for them dogs.. He is a smart little fella..
One bad experience with a dog hunting club can ruin it for the rest of the dog hunting clubs.

Re: What is a hunting club? - 04/13/15 07:28 PM

Im not african or a dairy farmer and I didnt invent a deer repellant nose spray for dogs BUT I do enjoy stories about deer dogs getting shot! grin

Re: What is a hunting club? - 04/13/15 07:31 PM

Tell us how you really feel Shooters.
Posted By: wishbone

Re: What is a hunting club? - 04/13/15 07:57 PM

Im not african or a dairy farmer and I didnt invent a deer repellant nose spray for dogs BUT I do enjoy stories about deer dogs getting shot! grin

Does that mean you would shoot a deer dog or like to read stories about deer dogs being shot ? I want to make sure I understand what your saying.
Posted By: AC870

Re: What is a hunting club? - 04/13/15 08:26 PM

Originally Posted By: N2TRKYS
Originally Posted By: AC870

Dang, that's a pretty good deal. You must know somebody. I have to pay $17.15. laugh

I forgot they added cost of living or whatever. The $16 hunting club just sounds a little more poetic than the $17.15 club but you right.

Re: What is a hunting club? - 04/13/15 08:27 PM

I have no problem with dog hunters or the ones that shoot the dogs. It just wasn't for me. I do miss running bear hounds in the Adirondaks I upstate NY. Even though it isn't allowed to harvest a bear over hounds you can still run them that group was like a family of friends.

Re: What is a hunting club? - 04/13/15 08:30 PM

What?? You thought I was talking about you?? Noooo.. I was talking about that other fella that done that... Unless, you done it one time, if so, I guess if the shoe fits wear it.. whistle

As far as them stories, I like to hear them also, especially when I hear it person, you will have to tell me one if I ever get to meet you. thumbup

Re: What is a hunting club? - 04/13/15 08:37 PM

What?? You thought I was talking about you?? Noooo.. I was talking about that other fella that done that... Unless, you done it one time, if so, I guess if the shoe fits wear it.. whistle

As far as them stories, I like to hear them also, especially when I hear it person, you will have to tell me one if I ever get to meet you. thumbup
Ride-up sometime. When you came and pick-up that 4 wheel that time you were only 1/2 mile from some of the land I own. I love jokes and sarcasm! Im going back to watching TV and thinking about your greatness! rofl
Posted By: bigt

Re: What is a hunting club? - 04/13/15 08:41 PM

I never have understood the shooting of the deer dogs. It isn't their fault that their owners don't spend the time or money to do their sport right. Don't shoot the dang dog just catch them call their owner and have them meet you to give their dog back......then stomp a mudhole in their asses and walk it dry for ruining your hunt and not being a responsible dog hunter smile

Re: What is a hunting club? - 04/13/15 08:52 PM

Ride-up sometime. When you came and pick-up that 4 wheel that time you were only 1/2 mile from some of the land I own. I love jokes and sarcasm! Im going back to watching TV and thinking about your greatness! rofl

What 4 wheel??
Posted By: Turkey_neck

Re: What is a hunting club? - 04/13/15 08:56 PM

Originally Posted By: bigt
I never have understood the shooting of the deer dogs. It isn't their fault that their owners don't spend the time or money to do their sport right. Don't shoot the dang dog just catch them call their owner and have them meet you to give their dog back......then stomp a mudhole in their asses and walk it dry for ruining your hunt and not being a responsible dog hunter smile

Can we arrange that meeting for Dw and shooters? I got $2000 on Dw.
Posted By: bigt

Re: What is a hunting club? - 04/13/15 08:59 PM

Originally Posted By: Turkey_neck
Originally Posted By: bigt

Can we arrange that meeting for Dw and shooters? I got $2000 on Dw.

The only problem with that is DW falls into the category of a responsible dog hunter so that illustration does not apply wink
Posted By: outdoors1

Re: What is a hunting club? - 04/15/15 10:11 AM

It's a social club that grown men pay $1000'S of dollars to drink beer, ride atv's, and shoot what they want too when they want too! For those that have extra money anyways they got to do something with! Some club's anyway not all!
Posted By: jsh1904

Re: What is a hunting club? - 04/15/15 11:28 AM

It's where quailman got raped.
Posted By: shootnmiss

Re: What is a hunting club? - 04/15/15 11:55 AM

So Shitters is now a African. laugh
Shitters African Nose Spray will hit markets near you soon! lol
Posted By: extreme heights hunter

Re: What is a hunting club? - 04/15/15 11:55 AM

Originally Posted By: jsh1904
It's where quailman got raped.

By uncle Tc.....a lot
Posted By: Wiley Coyote

Re: What is a hunting club? - 04/15/15 12:08 PM

If Les2603006 thinks a hunting club is sorta different he'd really get a kick out of the Fishing Tournaments that we used to have laugh
Posted By: top cat

Re: What is a hunting club? - 04/15/15 03:41 PM

Originally Posted By: Wiley Coyote
If Les2603006 thinks a hunting club is sorta different he'd really get a kick out of the Fishing Tournaments that we used to have laugh

beers
Posted By: desertdog

Re: What is a hunting club? - 04/15/15 11:14 PM

I will pick up Shooters in Gallant Ala and bring him with me for the 2nd annual straight dove hunt at Daniel Whites. Maybe someone can do the same for Birmingham Fred if they can find out what nursing home he's currently staying at.
Posted By: ford150man

Re: What is a hunting club? - 04/17/15 08:33 AM

When I lived out in Nebraska, people out there didn't know what hunting clubs were either. They thought it was a group of farmers that all owned land and agreed to let each other hunt their property.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM