Aldeer.com

Hunting Kentucky

Posted By: UADeerHunter

Hunting Kentucky - 03/01/15 05:05 PM

Has anyone ever deer hunted near Princeton, KY? If so, how was the hunting?
Posted By: BatesConst

Re: Hunting Kentucky - 03/01/15 09:24 PM

I've hunted "land between the lakes" with some success.
Posted By: Morris

Re: Hunting Kentucky - 03/01/15 09:30 PM

No but i have a 500 acre private that im hunting next year. Pretty excited about that.
Posted By: WaYnE4AU

Re: Hunting Kentucky - 03/01/15 09:37 PM

Hunted there a few years ago. Lots of deer and some good ones too. cant go wrong in that area IMO.
Posted By: jlbuc10

Re: Hunting Kentucky - 03/01/15 11:40 PM

Originally Posted By: Morris
No but i have a 500 acre private that im hunting next year. Pretty excited about that.

And..... I hunted 1000acres private land last yeR in butler co. and didn't even see a deer

Oh yeah and it was a $20K lease

Re: Hunting Kentucky - 03/02/15 02:46 AM

Originally Posted By: jlbuc10
Originally Posted By: Morris

And..... I hunted 1000acres private land last yeR in butler co. and didn't even see a deer

Oh yeah and it was a $20K lease

I've hunted LBL, private in Daviess & Hancock County. All great places. Cant wait to go back. The 500 acre private is a good friends property that I'm getting full access next season.
Posted By: Michael256

Re: Hunting Kentucky - 03/02/15 03:00 AM

Some buddies told me about some public land that they say is practically a petting zoo of deer in KY, so I am going this fall for sure smirk
Posted By: Gotcha1

Re: Hunting Kentucky - 03/02/15 08:28 AM

I'm going this year if I have to knock on doors to find a place.

Re: Hunting Kentucky - 03/02/15 09:17 AM

Originally Posted By: Gotcha1
I'm going this year if I have to knock on doors to find a place.

Up there in the right area of farmers its not as hard as you might think.
Posted By: Gotcha1

Re: Hunting Kentucky - 03/02/15 12:33 PM

Morris, do you have a contact? I looked through the Ky. Farm Bureau site, trying to find a charitable face. smile

I was just going to make a call to them and ask if they had any suggestions. Anything to see a rut.
Posted By: bamafarmer

Re: Hunting Kentucky - 03/02/15 02:15 PM

I have been going the last three years to an outfitter in trigg county. Actually the first year I went was to LBL which is public land. I killed a small buck the first time there. Went to the outfitter that same year and stuck a nice 10 pt but didnt find him. The next two years I have just been to the outfitters and haven't had any luck. I am prob just going to LBL this year and hunt on my own since that is where I had the best luck.
Posted By: Squeaky

Re: Hunting Kentucky - 03/03/15 10:06 AM

My farm is just south Princeton. I've been there going on 8 years. I don't hunt sorry land in a poor area for any amount of time. That statement should give you enough information on how the hunting is grin
Posted By: UADeerHunter

Re: Hunting Kentucky - 03/03/15 11:30 AM

Originally Posted By: Squeaky
My farm is just south Princeton. I've been there going on 8 years. I don't hunt sorry land in a poor area for any amount of time. That statement should give you enough information on how the hunting is grin

Thanks for the input!
Posted By: switchback

Re: Hunting Kentucky - 03/06/15 08:15 AM

Sturgis Kentucky is where the action is. Big Rivers Management Area.
Posted By: BSK

Re: Hunting Kentucky - 03/10/15 03:56 PM

I would look for property along the Dripping Springs Escarpment, which physiographically separates the ridge-and-hollow hardwoods north of the escarpment with the more flatter agricultural regions to its south. These agricultural areas provide nearly unlimited nutrition to deer using the more rugged uplands along the escarpment as security cover, creating a well-fed and older age structure of buck. This is one of the areas of KY that is producing so many record-book bucks.

The Dripping Springs Escarpment in KY runs along an arcing path from Marion, to Princeton, to Hopkinsville, then Elkton, and then Russellville, Bowling Green And Cave City.

Here's one guy's website for finding leased land in the area, as well as in northwestern TN. Jimmy is a pretty solid guy:

http://www.jimmysettleland.com/
© 2024 ALDEER.COM